La Venta Inn
La Venta Inn was the first permanent structure in Palos Verdes Estates, built by the Palos Verdes Project, in 1923. Its architect was Walter Davis. It was originally called Clubhouse 764. Originally, the building was used to entertain potential realtors and land buyers. In Spanish la venta means the sale. La Venta Inn was also used by Palos Verdes residents as a place to dine and host out of town guests. La Venta Inn sits high on a hill at 736 Via Del Monte. It has sweeping coastline views that extend up the coast and across to Malibu and Santa Monica. La Venta has both indoor and outdoor entertaining spaces and is rented out for various social events including weddings, dances, banquets, and parties. Today, La Venta Inn is used as a popular outdoor wedding venue and reception site.