palos verdes swim club
Recreational facilities were built early in the development of the Palos Verdes Project. One of these facilities was the Palos Verdes Swimming Club which opened in 1930. It's located at the base of the bluffs at Malaga Cove. The swimming club had a salt water pool, a wading pool for children, and a lounge. It was both a recreational facility and social spot for Palos Verdes Estates residents. In 1988 the city considered demolishing the swim club due to its state of disrepair. Instead it was completely refurbished, and reopened in 1992 as the Palos Verdes Beach and Athletic Club. Palos Verdes Estates residents can use the facility for a fee, but mostly the club has memberships that have been purchased. Members must pay a monthly fee in addition to their original membership buy in. It is located at 389 Paseo del Mar.